- News Feature : Three issues that will shape PNG politics from 2020 to 2022 [19/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji Civil Aviation Minister clarifies purpose of Waqavuka Financing Limited [19/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji PM meets with President of Israel, Discusses areas of bilateral co-operation [19/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : European Union white-lists Marshall Islands [19/02/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Sports News : IOC Coates "satisfied" Tokyo 2020 will be safe to attend amid coronavirus outbreak [19/02/2020 - Japan]
- Sports News : NZ Rugby to appoint first Pasifika engagement manager [19/02/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Samoa Rugby Union reappoint CEO for four years [19/02/2020 - Samoa]
- News : $4.5million for by-election in Solomon Islands [19/02/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Israel President Rivlin lands in Fiji [19/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : MP attacks decision to reject Samoans [19/02/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Solomon Islands Opposition concern over USD$100 billion loan [19/02/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : EU provides EURO 3 million to strengthen health security in the Pacific [19/02/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Quarantine of export products should not be used as a means to curb trade.
Regional trade and stabilising economies has been a recurring topic this week.
Fiji’s Attorney General and Economy Minister Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum says that export markets need to realise that unnecessary quarantine procedures hinder trade.
“Trade standards are very important. This is why we need to also understand that quarantine should not be used as a means to stop our trade too, if indeed if it is not necessarily something that is highly required to protect the bio-security or the environmental standards of various other countries”.
Sayed-Khaiyum adds the Pacific is perfectly positioned to identify and tap into new markets sources.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media