- Sports News : PNG Government pays K1m for athletes levy fees for Pacific Games [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Hero of Nantes on hand to develop the next generation of Fiji stars [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Oceania Rugby U20s championship to be streamed live [17/04/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Young Fiji feminist election to CIVICUS board a huge achievement: FCOSS [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Thousands to benefit from stronger, Sustainable fisheries in Tonga under a US$10 million grant [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Eight percent threshold for Samoa National Provident Fund contributors’ annual dividend [17/04/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Mouth cancer epidemic hits US-affiliated islands [17/04/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : PNC party stable and intact, says PM O’Neill [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : CTI Seminar report out! Promoting humane laws and practices in the Pacific [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Documentary focuses on challenges of parenting in the smart age [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : May 3 Protest will go ahead says Fiji Trades Union Congress [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Tonga's Supreme Court rejects Tongasat appeal [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
-A first case of type 2 dengue has been identified in Wallis and Futuna.
The health authorities said the victim was infected by a mosquito which is present in the territory.
They have called on the public to be vigilant to contain the outbreak.
People are urged to destroy the breeding grounds of mosquitoes - but efforts have been hampered by continuing wet weather.
Type 2 dengue is found in New Caledonia and this month spread to French Polynesia by a man travelling from Noumea.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media