- Sports News : Ian Foster confirmed as new All Blacks coach on a two-year deal [12/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Hekari to host top Kiwi, New Caledonia, Vanuatu clubs [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Japan rugby captain Leitch set to run in Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay [11/12/2019 - Japan]
- News Feature : Winston Peters supports new model for TVNZ and RNZ [11/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : PM, Momis to announce future [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Momis: People feel ‘liberated’ [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Strict monitoring of territorial waters due to measles outbreak in effect [11/12/2019 - American Samoa]
- News : Time Person of the Year: Greta Thunberg wins accolade for climate activism [11/12/2019 - United States]
- Business News : Time for a permanent Australian step-up in Pacific labour mobility [11/12/2019 - Australia]
- News : Nauru 19 found guilty of rioting and unlawful assembly in retrial, defendant says [11/12/2019 - Nauru]
- Business News : Digital agriculture transforms farmers’ lives in Papua New Guinea [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Manning confirmed new head of PNG Police force [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A Samoan 7s player had to leave Dubai and head home to Samoa for a family emergency.
Manu Samoa Sevens player Laaloi Leilua's four-week-old baby girl has contracted measles as the deadly outbreak of the disease continues in the nation.
Samoa 7s Head Coach Sir Gordon Tietjens confirmed Leilua’s return home and announced squad changes on the team’s Facebook page over the weekend.
Tietjens says Laaloi has had to go back and deal with some urgent matters in Samoa and they wish him and his family very well.
Tietjens adds the team is feeling for Laaloi at the moment.
Paulo Fanuasa and Kelvin Masoe have been called into the Samoan 7s squad in Laaloi’s absence.
Samoa is pooled with New Zealand, Canada and Wales at the Dubai 7s.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media