- News Feature : ‘Dogged pragmatism’ needed to save Ocean: UN Special Envoy [03/06/2020 - United States]
- News Feature : Protecting Fiji’s most important marine areas [03/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : PNG rejects observer suspension on fishing vessels [03/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : New MP elect Richard Hipa keen on Premiership to bring about change in Niue [03/06/2020 - Niue]
- News : Opening of the Niue 17th Legislative Assembly set for 10th June [03/06/2020 - Niue]
- News : Forum Chair to consult members on the next Forum Leaders Meeting [03/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID-19: PNG Superfunds to pay K806million [03/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Adding Pacific nations to trans-Tasman bubble ‘very attractive’ [03/06/2020 - Australia]
- News : Vanuatu Government announces priority directives for 2021 [03/06/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : ONOC Athletes' Commission Chairperson appointed to IOC Commission [02/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails pulls out of Ron Massey Cup [02/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Annual regional Civil Society Forum goes virtual [02/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
World Rugby, the Hong Kong Rugby Union and Sport Singapore have taken the decision to reschedule the Hong Kong and Singapore rounds of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2020 in response to continued health concerns relating to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The health and safety of our players, fans and everyone working on the event is always our highest priority. This prudent decision has been taken in order to help protect the global rugby community and the wider public and was taken based on the World Health Organisation and relevant public authority travel and health guidelines. The decision is fully supported by stakeholders, including unions and commercial partners.
Both events will be rescheduled to conclude the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2020 with the HSBC Singapore Sevens now taking place on 10-11 October and the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens completing the series on 16-18 October.
Hong Kong and Singapore will host HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2021 tournaments as per usual in April.
Fans who have purchased tickets for Singapore and Hong Kong via official channels are advised that their tickets will be honoured for the rescheduled events and a full refund will be provided in the event fans are unable to attend the rescheduled events.
SOURCE: WORLD RUGBY/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media