- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Paris has named a new prefect to run Wallis and Futuna from next year.
The territory's public broadcaster said the French government had appointed Thierry Queffelec, who is the current prefect of an administrative region in the southeast of France.
He will replace Jean-Francis Treffel who will take over as prefect of the department of Mayenne, west of Paris.
The latter part of his two-year tenure in Wallis and Futuna has been marked by a protracted public service strike.
Senior administrators have been on strike since September demanding their competencies be recognised to be reclassified as French public servants.
Their strike coincided with stoppages of the firefighters and the postal service.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media