- Business News : ADB President, Niue Premier discuss COVID-19 response [08/07/2020 - Niue]
- Sports News : NZR review recommends Super Rugby scrapped for competition featuring NZ, Australia and Pacific - report [08/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Solomon Airlines operates third repatriation flight from Australia [08/07/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : COVID-19: Private sector sees a way forward on trade and tourism while others cautious [08/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Visa changes will allow stranded fruit pickers from Pacific Islands to work other NZ jobs [08/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Criminals on death row in PNG to be executed [08/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Four new confirmed COVID -19 cases in Guam [08/07/2020 - Guam]
- News : Fiji to ratify treaty on prohibition of nuclear weapons [08/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : 'Will to fight together': Fiji's has taken another bold step in the battle against nuclear weapons [08/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Youth resilience to COVID-19: indigenous knowledge in Tuvalu [08/07/2020 - Tuvalu]
- News : WHO acknowledges 'evidence emerging' of airborne spread of COVID-19 [08/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Coronavirus perfect storm engulfs Marshall Islanders in U.S [08/07/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
As we head into the Rugby World Cup quarter finals, it's sayonara to the Pacific Island nations, all of whom failed to qualify.
Japan is the only tier 2 nation to make it through after some spectacular performances on the field, but the Pacific nations failed to fire and have now bowed out of the World Cup tournament.
Fiji's third placing in Pool D was the best performance of those Pacific Island nations. Brent Impey,
The Chairman of New Zealand Rugby says he's disappointed that World Rugby hasn't stepped up to change the rules that discriminate against many Pacific players.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media