- News Feature : UN chief urges unity in mobilising ‘every ounce of energy’ to defeat coronavirus pandemic [04/04/2020 - United States]
- Business News : ADB President, Fiji Attorney-General discuss support for COVID-19 response [04/04/2020 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji’s COVID19 confirmed cases reached double digit, with five new cases confirmed Saturday [04/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum Foreign Ministers to consider regional response to COVID-19 pandemic [04/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Guam suffers fourth COVID-19 related death, Advisers warn death toll could top 700 or more [04/04/2020 - Guam]
- News : French Polynesian Covid-19 cases now at 39 [04/04/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Tonga lockdown extended to April 12, but ease some local travel and trade curbs [04/04/2020 - Tonga]
- News : New Caledonia president in self-isolation amid Covid-19 outbreak [04/04/2020 - New Caledonia]
- Sports News : Fiji FA losses $1.8m revenue [03/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Covid-19: Averting economic disaster in the Pacific [03/04/2020 - Australia]
- Business News : Tourism- driven economies in the Pacific to fee brunt of COVID-19 pandemic- ADB [03/04/2020 - Philippines]
- Business News : Marshall Islands extends travel ban for another month [03/04/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
World Rugby supports the prudent and necessary decision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee to postpone the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The health and safety of the athletes, fans, and everyone involved is our shared priority and responsibility and we believe the right decision has been taken in these very difficult and unprecedented circumstances.
"We look forward to working closely together in a spirit of partnership with the IOC, the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee and all other stakeholders towards the rescheduling of the Games and our belief from the outstanding Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan, is that the hosts will come out of this adversity stronger and more committed than ever before to deliver an exceptional Games," World Rugby said in a statement
SOURCE: WORLD RUBY/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media