- News Feature : Joint statement from the USP Academic and USP Staff Union on the cessation of Fiji's funding towards USP [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Why are there unexploded bombs in the Pacific islands? [25/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Tonga Rugby Union in danger of being relegated to World Rugby tier three [25/09/2020 - Tonga]
- News : Bougainville President elect Toroama sworn in [25/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Pacer Plus ratification imminent [25/09/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : We mus feel the international solidarity against climate change- PM Bainimarama [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : At UN, island nation of Palau speaks to interconnected world [25/09/2020 - Palau]
- News : UN chief and UK premier announce December climate summit [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : If world handles climate like COVID-19, UN chief says: 'I fear the worst' [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : Fiji Government says USP issue is not to be resolved via the media [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Land and Titles Court opponents “not Samoan”: PM Tuilaepa [25/09/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Westpac bank to pay record Australian fine over laundering breaches [24/09/2020 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Samoa Rugby Union has confirmed the appointment of Mapusua Seilala Mapusua as the new head coach of Manu Samoa.
In making the announcement, Samoa Rugby Union Chief Executive Officer, Faleomavaega Vincent Fepuleai said Mapusua has come through as the preferred candidate following an extensive and vigorous recruitment process.
“On behalf of Samoa Rugby Union, I want to congratulate Mapusua on his appointment, and we wish him well for this new phase in the Manu Samoa History.”
Mapusua was recommended by a five-person selection panel and its recommendation was endorsed and ratified by the Samoa Rugby Union Board at its meeting last night.
Samoa Rugby Union went through a lengthy process in reviewing the Manu Samoa RWC campaign with the aim to make sure lessons learnt will be dealt professionally and make sure it won’t repeat in the next cycle hence the delay in making the appointment.
Faleomavaega said Mapusua’s appointment is for a two-year period.
The new Head Coach, Mapusua said “I am very honoured and humbled to be a member of the Manu Samoa again. I am excited to return home and get to work in growing and developing Manu Samoa rugby starting from the grassroots”.
According to Chief Executive Officer of Samoa Rugby Union, Faleomavaega, “We are delighted with the appointment of Mapusua and we look forward to working closely with him and his new Management to help improve our Manu Samoa results.”
“SRU will now begin work with Mapusua on building a solid team of technical and management staff around him as they prepare for the 2021 season namely the Rugby World Cup 2023 qualifying matches for the Manu Samoa against our rivals Tonga in July/August 2021,” Faleomavaega added.
SOURCE: SAMOA RUGBY UNION/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media