- News : Victory [22/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Tonga's women quarantined, out of Oceania event due to measles fears [21/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Shark fin ban passes U.S House of representatives [21/11/2019 - United States]
- News Feature : John Momis Presidential statement to the people of Bougainville and PNG on the referendum [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Historic vote for Bougainville [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : ABG: No Bougainvillean to be left behind [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Postal voting application period closes today [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U-Vistract Me’ekamui pledge to vote for Bougainville independence tomorrow [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Dengue epidemic declared in Wallis and Futuna [21/11/2019 - Wallis and Futuna]
- News : Mixed emotions expected as polling begins –Bougainville Referendum chairman Ahern [21/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Marshalls election: Lobbying and horsetrading predicted [21/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Climate planning in Samoa surprises scientists, challenges Western perceptions [21/11/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea Electoral Commissioner, Patilias Gamato has been granted a K3,000 (US$886) court bail.
The bail was granted by the Waigani District Court, after 6 pm this evening, following an urgent bail application filed by his lawyers this afternoon.
Gamato was arrested and charged today with a count each of official corruption, money laundering and conspiracy.
Amongst the bail conditions, the defendant shall not interfere with any possible State witnesses, shall not leave NCD without leave of the court, and shall attend all court appearances.
The order of the court including the bail certificate was finalised and taken to the Boroko Police Station, where Gamato was remanded.
The Electoral Commissioner Patilias Gamato was arrested by detectives from Boroko in the National Capital District.
Gamato was arrested following ongoing fraud investigations in to a case of official corruption implicating the Election Manager for National Capital District Terence Hetinu in 2017.
He was charged and detained at the Boroko cells Friday.
SOURCE: NBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media