- Business News : US$30.8 million project will provide access for FSM to world-class broadband and digital services [29/03/2020 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- Business News : Fiji Link to suspend all outer-Island flights, Restrictions on inter- island shipping movements [29/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Quarantine to cover most arrivals, 56 confirmed cases on Guam [29/03/2020 - Guam]
- News : CNMI has two confirmed Covid-19 cases [29/03/2020 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- News : No new cases of COVID-19 confirms Fiji PM [29/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Vulnerable Pacific Islands "lock down" against coronavirus [29/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Mass repatriation underway in Solomon Islands [29/03/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Lockdown, curfew, begin in Tonga on Sunday: People must stay home, most businesses closed [29/03/2020 - Tonga]
- Sports News : Fiji 7s coach contract expected to be renewed after Olympics postponement [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Team PNG still focused despite deferral of Olympics [26/03/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Marshalls worried for seafarers caught up in Covid-19 restrictions [26/03/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- News : World Bank provides US$5.1m for Samoa COVID-19 response [26/03/2020 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji TV behind charges against LAUTV boss
Tuiasau, 54, of Vini Fou, appeared in court last Tuesday, 30 September, to face those charges.
Defence counsel Ameperosa Roma was granted his request of an adjournment to allow time for Police to submit all the charges to him.
The court has adjourned until 7 October. The defendant was remanded on bail.
The offences are alleged to have been committed between September last year and April this year.
LAUTV was closed down in September last year.
Tuiasau is a former Chief Executive Officer of national television, then called Televise Samoa, and editor of the defunct Samoa Times. He also had a brief stint with the Samoa Observer as Editor.
Source: PACNEWS/SAMOA OBSERVER
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media