- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Monday 21 October, marks the prorogation of Fiji Parliament.
Prorogation is the term for the formal end of a parliamentary session. Parliament stands ‘prorogued’ between the end of one session and the Opening of Parliament, which marks the beginning of a new session.
The new session of Parliament will be opened by Fiji President, Major General (Ret’d) Jioji Konrote on Tuesday, 12 November, after a full military Guard of Honour provided by the Fiji Military Forces.
The State Opening will also be attended by Constitutional Officers as well as the Chief Justice, Justices of Appeal and other Puisne Judges.
Parliament will then resume on Monday, 18 November for their week-long sitting.
SOURCE: FIJI PARLIAMENT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media