- News Feature : 30 years of child rights: Children in the Pacific islands join with governments on World Children’s Day [20/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : PTI Australia wins Impact Investment Award [20/11/2019 - Australia]
- News : Bougainville 'silence period' begin on Wednesday midnight [20/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Bougainville Referendum Commission receives information on the two choices [20/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Bougainville President Momis and Sir Puka to cast their votes on home soil [20/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Heine safe, three incumbents face losing seat in Marshalls election [20/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Two new measles cases reported in Fiji [20/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Health crisis cancels Samoa HRPP's 40th birthday celebration [20/11/2019 - Samoa]
- News : NZ police called in after death threat to Tongan PM [20/11/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Victory [20/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Northern Mariana Islands moves toward full soccer status [19/11/2019 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : Eels sensation Maika Sivo rushed from Fiji to Sydney after mystery infection flares up [19/11/2019 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Monday 21 October, marks the prorogation of Fiji Parliament.
Prorogation is the term for the formal end of a parliamentary session. Parliament stands ‘prorogued’ between the end of one session and the Opening of Parliament, which marks the beginning of a new session.
The new session of Parliament will be opened by Fiji President, Major General (Ret’d) Jioji Konrote on Tuesday, 12 November, after a full military Guard of Honour provided by the Fiji Military Forces.
The State Opening will also be attended by Constitutional Officers as well as the Chief Justice, Justices of Appeal and other Puisne Judges.
Parliament will then resume on Monday, 18 November for their week-long sitting.
SOURCE: FIJI PARLIAMENT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media