- Sports News : Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games - Moving Forward [06/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Pacific Island Countries Demonstrate Leadership on Climate Finance [06/12/2018 - Poland]
- Business News : New inter-atoll ferry for Tokelau [06/12/2018 - Tokelau]
- Business News : Agreements signed to bring Reliable, Renewable Electricity to Solomon Islands [06/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Plans underway in Fiji to implement sweeping hourly wage rises [06/12/2018 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific push for Albacore measures at WCPFC meeting in Hawaii: Preview [06/12/2018 - United States]
- News : ‘Tuna diplomacy’ is one of the game-changers for the Pacific [06/12/2018 - United States]
- News : West Papua independence leader urges calm after killings [06/12/2018 - Indonesia]
- News : COP24: A million lives could be saved by 2050 through climate action, UN health agency reveals [06/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : UN climate finance rules ‘dragging’ amid fight over who reports what [06/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Negligence to cost PNG taxpayers K200 million [06/12/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji demonstrates global climate change leadership [06/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Ox & Palm Papua New Guinea, a subsidiary of the world’s fifth-largest food and beverage company Kraft Heinz, have announced after lengthy of negotiations between themselves and potential suppliers, the iconic brand is now available on shelves in Fiji as of last month.
Steve Woods, National Head of Sales and Marketing for Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning said that “After several visits to Fiji this year to meet with potential wholesalers and retailers and as well as with the responsible Fiji government departments, we are pleased to be able to confirm that PNG’s Ox & Palm Corned Beef is available to consumers in Fiji”.
“It what has been a long process, and with the full approval of the Biosecurity Authority of Fiji (BAF) and our trading partners Morris Hedstorm Supermarkets, the first container of Ox & Palm arrived in Fiji and is available on shelves last month.”
The success in Fiji now means that Ox & Palm from PNG is now available in three countries around Pacific Region (Solomon Island, Vanuatu, and Fiji).
Betty Mumbru, import and export manager for Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning also added “We are always proud to be able market our PNG Business Product outside PNG. It is a great moment for PNG Business and for PNG People in general”.
“We are also continuing our plans to expand the brand throughout the Pacific region and we hope to make our products available in Tonga and Samoa in 2019”.
“We would also like to show our gratitude to Carpenters Fiji Limited who through their Morris Hedstorm Supermarket group, will partner up with Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning to distribute OX&PALM through their 13 stores in FIJI," Betty add.
The entry of Ox & Palm into the Fijian market signals a good sign of improved relations not only in the business fronts but also on government regulatory front since 2016 when the product was subject to a trade row between the governments of both Melanesian countries.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media