- Sports News : Footballer sues CIFA for $1 million [20/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : “I am deeply saddened”: Israel Folau speaks out after Rugby Australia sacking [20/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : Coalition set to form majority government [20/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : Court to deliver decision on appeal against discharge of four charges against Lord Tu’ivakanō [20/05/2019 - Tonga]
- News : UN chief: ‘Save the Pacific to save the world’ [20/05/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu Prime Minister to visit New Zealand [20/05/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : Kagifa Samoa making debut this week [16/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : 'One day we'll disappear': Tuvalu's sinking islands [16/05/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Cook Islands telecom policy promises affordability [16/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : 17 APTC students graduate in Kiribati [16/05/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : Motion against Tuvalu PM as UN SG visits [16/05/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : PM O’Neill adamant on seeking courts guideline on no confidence motion [16/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Ox & Palm Papua New Guinea, a subsidiary of the world’s fifth-largest food and beverage company Kraft Heinz, have announced after lengthy of negotiations between themselves and potential suppliers, the iconic brand is now available on shelves in Fiji as of last month.
Steve Woods, National Head of Sales and Marketing for Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning said that “After several visits to Fiji this year to meet with potential wholesalers and retailers and as well as with the responsible Fiji government departments, we are pleased to be able to confirm that PNG’s Ox & Palm Corned Beef is available to consumers in Fiji”.
“It what has been a long process, and with the full approval of the Biosecurity Authority of Fiji (BAF) and our trading partners Morris Hedstorm Supermarkets, the first container of Ox & Palm arrived in Fiji and is available on shelves last month.”
The success in Fiji now means that Ox & Palm from PNG is now available in three countries around Pacific Region (Solomon Island, Vanuatu, and Fiji).
Betty Mumbru, import and export manager for Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning also added “We are always proud to be able market our PNG Business Product outside PNG. It is a great moment for PNG Business and for PNG People in general”.
“We are also continuing our plans to expand the brand throughout the Pacific region and we hope to make our products available in Tonga and Samoa in 2019”.
“We would also like to show our gratitude to Carpenters Fiji Limited who through their Morris Hedstorm Supermarket group, will partner up with Kraft Heinz Hugo Canning to distribute OX&PALM through their 13 stores in FIJI," Betty add.
The entry of Ox & Palm into the Fijian market signals a good sign of improved relations not only in the business fronts but also on government regulatory front since 2016 when the product was subject to a trade row between the governments of both Melanesian countries.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media