- News : Disappointing turnout at UBS Commission of Inquiry [29/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Vele appears at UBS inquiry [29/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : NZ Govt to team up with Australians to get NZers out of city [29/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Vanuatu students in China’s Tianjin University on lockdown [29/01/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : IPA removes 4,724 companies in PNG [29/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ADB provides $3 million for Tuvalu cyclone relief [29/01/2020 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Telecom Fiji Limited teams up with Oracle Communications to modernise customer service delivery [29/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Recognising Climate Refugees Is a Glimmer of Hope for an Uncertain Future [29/01/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Vern Cotter appointed Fiji rugby coach [29/01/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Pata prepares for Tokyo 2020 qualifier challenge [29/01/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : P&O continues support for Vanuatu’s beach volleyball women’s team [29/01/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Two men in quarantine in Samoa over coronavirus fears [28/01/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
It will be a memorable moment for Jerry Tuwai when he takes the field this week in Cape Town as he will be playing his 50th tournament for Fiji.
Tuwai made his 7s debut in the 2014 Gold Coast 7s.
He is currently the second top try scorer for Fiji with 122 tries, three tries less from current leader, Nasoni Roko.
Tuwai has scored 614 points and has received three yellow cards and no red cards in his 7s career.
Tuwai received the 2018/2019 Men’s 7s player of the Year Award earlier this year.
Meanwhile, Tuwai has been named in the 13 member Fiji 7’s team alongside Sevuloni Mocenacagi, Josua Vakurunabili, Isoa Tabu, Captain Paula Dranisinukula, Kavekini Tabu, Meli Derenalagi, Vilimoni Botitu, Waisea Nacuqu, Jerry Tuwai, Alasio Naduva and Aminiasi Tuimaba.
Fiji is the defending champion of the Cape Town 7s. The boys will open their campaign against USA at 6.35am tomorrow, and then take on the hosts, South Africa at 12.51am Sunday while the final pool match will be against Japan is at 6.35am Sunday.
The Cup quarterfinals start at 10.18pm Sunday while the Cup semifinals kick off at 1.39am next Monday.
The Cup final will kick off at 5.56am on Monday.
The Fiji Men’s 7s Team is currently in 9th place on the HSBC World 7s Series standings with eight points.
Meanwhile, the Fiji Airways Fijiana 7s team take on Russia at 2.28am tomorrow in their first pool match.
They will face New Zealand in their second pool match at 9.35pm tomorrow and play South Africa in their last pool match at 3.03am Sunday.
The Fijiana 7s Team is in 8th place with 10 points on the HSBC World 7s Series Women’s standings.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media