- Sports News : New Tongan administrators apply for rugby league membership [03/07/2020 - Tonga]
- Sports News : England coach Eddie Jones plans stunning raid for 'next All Blacks sensation' Hoskins Sotutu [03/07/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Niue completes ratification of PACER Plus agreement [03/07/2020 - Niue]
- Business News : Travel Bubble trouble – the options for Palau [03/07/2020 - Palau]
- Business News : World Bank strengthens partnership with the Federated States of Micronesia [03/07/2020 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- Business News : Niue national budget address will be announced on Wednesday 08 July [03/07/2020 - Niue]
- Business News : Vanuatu exports - COVID-19 and extreme weather worry experts [03/07/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : COVID-19 creates tough times for Kiribati’s world class tuna industry [03/07/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : Tonga opens border starting next week to repatriate stranded nationals in Fiji [03/07/2020 - Tonga]
- News : Palau’s envoy, Ngedikes Olai Uludong elected VP of UNGA [03/07/2020 - United States]
- News : Pacific Humanitarian Pathway unlocking borders to save lives during COVID-19 [03/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : An estimate of USD$22 million for Pacific Humanitarian Pathway-COVID-19 [03/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Chinese President Xi Jinping has sent a congratulatory message to Taneti Maamau on his re-election as Kiribati’s president.
In his congratulatory message on Friday, Xi pointed out that since the resumption of China-Kiribati diplomatic ties in September 2019, relations between the two countries have grown rapidly and their exchange and cooperation in various areas have yielded fruitful results.
Xi recalled that he has held a fruitful meeting with Maamau during the latter’s successful visit to China in January this year.
In the combat against the COVID-19 pandemic, Xi said, China and Kiribati have sticked together and supported each other, which again demonstrates the friendship between the two peoples.
Noting that he highly values the development of China-Kiribati relations, Xi said he stands ready to work together with Maamau to promote bilateral relations to new levels and bring more benefits to both countries and peoples.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media